Effective date: 2021-06-21
This Notice explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
Python System Design (Pty) Ltd (and including this website, www.python.co.za) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
Who we are
Python System Design combines an in-depth knowledge of IT systems with many years of hands-on experience, providing our clients with IT solutions, targeted to meet their operational objectives and deliver cost effective systems that will optimise their investment, with minimal operational disruption to the business.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly.
For this purpose, we will collect the following:
• Your name, surname, email address, cell phone- and telephone number, postal- and physical address.
• Your title, company name, company billing details such as, physical address, postal address, contact numbers, VAT no.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor
We ask that you do not send or otherwise share with us any sensitive Personal Data, which includes but is not limited to your ID Number, racial or ethnic information, political or religious opinions, or your health information.
How we get the personal information and what we use is for
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• To create an account on our accounting system to quote and invoice for sales and services rendered.
• To courier company to deliver or collect equipment.
• If we provide a means for you to refer a third party to the site, we will send the third party an email on your behalf with details about the site.
• To arrange with third-party vendors to assist with support where needed.
• To place orders where information is required to register warranties.
• To place orders where information is required to directly deliver to client.
• To place orders where information is required to be stored to make use of cloud-based services.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• Third party service providers – to do support or sales on their behalf.
We share your Personal Data with the following recipients for the following reasons:
• Courier companies – To do collections or deliveries on your behalf.
• Third party service providers – to assist us with providing support services to you.
• If required to do so to comply with any applicable law or regulation or in response to a legal demand, warrant or other similar requests. We will also disclose your Personal Data to any regulatory or law enforcement or governmental agency if we believe that such action is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of PSD, its customers, the public or any third party.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
When will we process your personal information
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
• The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
• The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
• The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
• The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
• The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information
Your information is stored on an external online accounting system.
We keep your information for 7 years. We will then dispose your information by removing it from the online- accounting and courier systems.
Your data protection rights
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Philip de Kock at
POPIA@python.co.za. We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request Python System Design to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Python System Design will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Philip de Kock will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Python System Design from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us by emailing POPIA@python.co.za if you wish to make a request.
Name: Philip de Kock
Address: Unit D001, One Highveld Centre, 5 Bellingham street, Highveld, Centurion, 0157 Phone Number: 0861 798 466
How to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at POPIA@python.co.za
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za